TeleCommunication Systems Selected by Global Manufacturer to Power Location Solutions for Mobile Handsets
ANNAPOLIS, Md., July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has been selected by a global phone manufacturer to deliver an integrated maps, local search and navigation application featuring real-time traffic and other premium content, along with software components for use by third-party developers to enable location-based services. The agreement marks the first time that TCS’ navigation platform will be a standard feature of a device manufacturer’s offering.
The collaboration with the manufacturer underlines the importance of location and maps as a core feature for mobile devices, and will further enhance the customer experience.
- TCS’ navigation application will be available on the manufacturer’s handsets for customers in markets around the world.
- TCS will develop the customer-branded navigation application and provide associated services.
- With the touch of a button, end users will be empowered to easily search for businesses, points of interest, movie and event information and to navigate to a selected place taking into account real-time traffic conditions.
- The TCS-provided software components will be available to all software developers through API’s, providing developers with easy-to-use and powerful functions to incorporate maps and a range of location-aware content into their applications.
- Jay Whitehurst, senior vice president, Commercial Software Group, TCS, said, “Mobile device manufacturers recognize the value of adding navigation and LBS-based components as an integral part of their offerings, and TCS has been selected for its end-to-end solution, which greatly enhances the performance and ease of use for application developers and end users.”
- TCS Navigation Solutions: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/navigation-telematics/Commercial-solutions.aspx
TCS is a global leader in high-reliability location-based services. It provides complete, end-to-end wireless LBS solutions that include branded and private-label applications, infrastructure, mapping, and content for leading consumer brands, content providers, voice service providers and more than 60 commercial customers worldwide. TCS provided the world’s first wireless location platform, and it is the industry’s leading provider of LBS infrastructure. Using innovative mobile cloud computing services, TCS offers top revenue-producing applications for navigation, hyper-local search, workforce tracking and family locators. For more information on TCS LBS services, visit www.telecomsys.com/LBS.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new secure multi-media communications, and mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cyber security expertise, professional services and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit http://www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.